This is a great example of how computer networking equipment should not be safe guarded. Not only was the door left WIDE OPEN for everyone to see, its also a janitors closet!

The photo was taken at undisclosed post-secondary educational facility in the GTA while I was attending a night class.

As you can see, the computer equipment is stored in a storage room shared with cleaning services. The switch and cables are just inches away from the a big white plastic container of, what I can only assume is, cleaning solvents.

Risk of fire, theft and network intrusion are the first thoughts that come to my mind!

Physical Security Fail

Physical Security Fail